Acetaminophen / Phenacetin

Acetaminophen is toxic to dogs and cats and should not be used as a treatment for pain. The compound can cause damage to red blood cells which impede the body’s natural ability to oxygenate itself. It may also lead to liver failure and death.

Symptoms include vomiting, lethargy, panting, and excessive drooling. A veterinarian may induce vomiting and administer activated charcoal.

3 out of 4 people found this useful or accurate. Was this helpful for you?   Yes   No

The data represented on this page represents common agreed upon levels of toxicity by the internet community. While it may be factual, you should always check with your veterinarian in the case of a suspected ingestion.