Antifreeze (Ethylene Glycol)

Due to its palatable nature to dogs and cats, antifreeze poses a large toxicity risk to pets. Clinical symptoms are similar to those of Ethanol but the chemical breaks down into different compounds which are harmful to the animal’s kidneys and central nervous system. Prompt veterinary care is critical.

2 out of 2 people found this useful or accurate. Was this helpful for you?   Yes   No

The data represented on this page represents common agreed upon levels of toxicity by the internet community. While it may be factual, you should always check with your veterinarian in the case of a suspected ingestion.