Grapes/Raisins

3
Very Bad

Grapes, raisins, and currants can result in severe kidney failure in dogs. While it has not been reported in cats or other species, it is best to avoid feeding it to your pets. Foods containing these products (e.g., cereal or trail mix containing raisins, grape juice, bagels or baked goods with raisins, etc.) should never be fed to pets. Treatment includes aggressive decontamination, IV fluids, and monitoring kidney function. About 50% of dogs who ingest grapes and raisins are affected by the unknown poison within it.

Source: Dr. Justine Lee

http://www.petpoisonhelpline.com/

3 out of 3 people found this useful or accurate. Was this helpful for you?   Yes   No

The data represented on this page represents common agreed upon levels of toxicity by the internet community. While it may be factual, you should always check with your veterinarian in the case of a suspected ingestion.