Plums, which generally not considered toxic, contain large pits that can cause an obstruction in the stomach or digestive tract. Also, the pits contain cyanide, and when directly chewed and ingested in large amounts, can result in poisoning.

Source: Dr. Justine Lee

1 out of 1 people found this useful or accurate. Was this helpful for you?   Yes   No

The data represented on this page represents common agreed upon levels of toxicity by the internet community. While it may be factual, you should always check with your veterinarian in the case of a suspected ingestion.