Dieffenbachia/Dumb Cane

"This family of plants cause local irritation because of oxalic acid salts in the plant. Roots, leaves, and stem ingestion can cause mouth irritation, extra saliva production and on rare occasions, diarrhea." Reprinted with permission from www.animalhealthcare.ca

If your pet has eaten Dumb Cane, painful swelling of mouth and throat tissues develops rapidly. Eye contact with the juice inside the plant can cause severe pain and swelling.

Was this helpful for you?   Yes   No

The data represented on this page represents common agreed upon levels of toxicity by the internet community. While it may be factual, you should always check with your veterinarian in the case of a suspected ingestion.