Nightshade, Bittersweet/Deadly

4
Emergency!

Just as Nightshade is toxic to humans, it is toxic to your pet and may lead to death. Prompt veterinary care is critical.

Symptoms include excessive salivation, loss of appetite, vomiting (with blood), diarrhea (with blood), weakness, muscle convulsions, tachycardia/bradycardia, or paralysis of rear legs. Depending on the amount consumed, the result could be sudden death or it could take about four days of illness before death or recovery.

Was this helpful for you?   Yes   No

The data represented on this page represents common agreed upon levels of toxicity by the internet community. While it may be factual, you should always check with your veterinarian in the case of a suspected ingestion.